Islamabad Institute of Conflict Resolution (IICR) is an autonomous, non-profit and nonaligned research based think tank. It is an Islamabad based registered organization under Government of Pakistan Societies Act 1860. Regular research is conducted with the aim of a deep and insight based analysis in order to resolve various issues associated with peace and conflict at the domestic, regional and international level. IICR has a vibrant team of experts, researchers and scholars who have immersed themselves to make the purpose a success.
Our mission is to conduct an independent and unbiased research to propose sound solutions and recommendations to deal with humanitarian and security challenges of Pakistan and the region. In addition, we are closely monitoring South Asia, Asia Pacific, CARs, EU-Pakistan, Middle East, America, Canada, and China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC)’s progress and its implications for not only Pakistan but for the whole region;.
- Conduct in-depth and analytical research on the key issues;
- Identify key areas of cooperation especially in the field of security i.e. Counter terrorism;
- Strengthen the role of key regional players as promoter of peace and cooperation through research and recommendations;
- Document, disseminate and strengthen peace and conflict resolution efforts;
- Identify, articulate and evaluate conflicting issues;
- Promote post-conflict rehabilitation through efforts and contribution to local, national, and regional peace and conflict transformation initiatives;
- Remain conviction towards promoting core social values, as well as public awareness and practice of constructive conflict management & resolution;
- Enhancing socio-economic and security environment through informed dialogue, and debate on key issues;
- Critically analyse Pakistan’s political, socio-economic and foreign policy challenges and to support efforts to integrate the country;
- Integrate youth in research work particularly to conflict analysis & management and making peace efforts;
- Secure friendly and cooperative international system; &
- Conducting conferences, seminars, discussions, workshops, and round tables.
- Restoring social values, civics & harmony;
- Efforts to integrate Pakistani society and make inclusive pakistan;
- Strengthening relations through cultural diplomacy;
- Creating awareness amongst the public on key issues;
- Efforts to mitigate conflicting issues;
- Promoting constructive, creative and co-operative approaches to the resolution of conflict through grooming, policy development, rigorous research and capacity-building;
- Contributing towards sustainable peace by strengthening human security; &
- Present unbiased analysis with multiple alternatives.
China Research Desk
EU & Eurasia Research Desk
Russia and CARs Research Desk
South Asia Research Desk
Middle East and Africa Research Desk
Americas Research Centre Desk
Areas of Concern
- Security & Defence
- Climate and Environment
- Human Security
- Politics & Government
- Governance and Conflict Resolution
- Conflict Management and Post-Conflict Rehabilitation
- Peace-making and Peacekeeping
- Confidence Building Measures
- Peace and Stability
- Role of women and youth in Conflict Resolution
Books, Journal, Annual Reports, Monthly Briefs, Special Reports, and Weekly Rundown
- School of Politics and International Relations (SPIR), Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad (Memorandum of Understanding Signed on March 14, 2017).
- CDA Training Academy, Islamabad (Memorandum of Understanding Signed on July 30, 2014).
- Kinnaird College for Women, Lahore (Memorandum of Understanding Signed on May 5, 2014).
- Shaheed Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto University (SBBWU), Peshawar (Memorandum of Understanding Signed on April 26, 2014).